Dr. Rosemary Olivero's expertise is in the management of children infected with HIV. In the United States, the emerging group of perinatally-infected pediatric HIV-infected youth is in those who are foreign born. This group of youth has unique challenges especially in their neuropsychiatric outcomes that have yet to be fully understood. She is passionate and equipped to be part of collaborative research projects investigating neuropsychological outcomes in this group of youth compared to those who are born domestically.
Another area of interst to Dr. Olivero is antimicrobial stewardship. In response to the growing threat of antimicrobial resistence, she has become involved in multi-institutional quality improvement programs.
Education & Training
- BS, Biology and Philosophy, Vanderbilt University (2002)
- MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2006)
- Resident, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (2007)
- Resident, Northwestern University (2009)
- Fellow, Pediatrics Infectious Disease, Boston Medical Center (2012)
- Tribble AC, Lee BR, Flett KB, Handy LK, Gerber JS, Hersh AL, Kronman MP, Terrill CM, Sharland M, Newland JG. Appropriateness of Antibiotic Prescribing in U.S. Children's Hospitals: A National Point Prevalence Survey. Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Jan 16;PubMed PMID: 31942952.
- Knee D, Knoop S, Davis AT, Rawson B, DiCarlo A, Olivero R. Outcomes after implementing restrictive blood transfusion criteria in extremely premature infants. J Perinatol. 2019 Aug;39(8):1089-1097. PubMed PMID: 31222156.
- Aldrich AM, Argo T, Koehler TJ, Olivero R. Analysis of Treatment Outcomes for Recurrent Clostridium difficile Infections and Fecal Microbiota Transplantation in a Pediatric Hospital. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2019 Jan;38(1):32-36. PubMed PMID: 29601446.
- Newland JG, Gerber JS, Kronman MP, Meredith G, Lee BR, Thurm C, Hersh AL. Sharing Antimicrobial Reports for Pediatric Stewardship (SHARPS): A Quality Improvement Collaborative. J Pediatric Infect Dis Soc. 2018 May 15;7(2):124-128. PubMed PMID: 28379408.
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, Vanderbilt University (1998-2002)
- Alpha Lamda Delta Honor Society, Vanderbilt University (1998-2002)
- McNichols-Owen Scholarship, Vanderbilt University (1999-2002)
- Magna Cum Laude, Vanderbilt University (2002)
- Thompson Corporation Scholarship, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2004-2006)
- Edward Kass Award for Excellence in Research, Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society (2011)
- Maxwell Finland AWard for Excellence in Research, Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society (2011)
- Excellence in Innovation Award, Quality Compass Advisory Board (2014)
- Outpatient Teacher of the Year, Grand Rapids Medical Education Program (2017)